Knowledge Base > Calculating how many rhinestones you need. --> Knowledge Base > Calculating how many rhinestones you need.
ESTIMATING HOW MANY RHINESTONES YOU NEED
Last Updated: 02/05/2019
1) Select the size rhinestone you're going to use.
2) Determine how many rhinestones you want to use per inch.
3) Next measure the length of the area you're going to bling.
4) Multiply the number of stones per inch, by the total length. Ex. 4 stones per inch - covering 10 inches - you need 40 stones.
5) If you are covering your project with more than 1 row of rhinestones, then determine how many rows you need.
6) Multiply the number of rows, by the number of rhinestones needed for 1 row.
1) 4 stones per inch - covering one 10 inch row = 40 stones. Covering 10 rows = 400 rhinestones.
2) If you're covering a large area - like the front of a dress - and are scattering the stones:
a) Look at the area you want to cover, and divide it into 4 sections.
b) Determine how many rhinestones you want in one of the sections.
c) Multiply the number of rhinestones by 4 - this will give you an estimate of how many rhinestones for that area.
An Inch Across = 25.4 Millimeters or 25.4mm
These are simply ways to estimate the number of rhinestones you may need for your next project. For more information on rhinestone sizes and quantities per inch- CLICK HERE