Rhinestone Application and Care
Best practices in application and care of Swarovski Crystals
Use metal settings for attaching rhinestones to textiles. These work especially well on thick or smooth fabrics like leather.
Swarovski products can be glued to a wide range of materials with various textures. We always recommend using an adhesive that is recommended for crystals, and the materials you are adhering them to. The Rhinestone Store stocks several quality adhesives to meet your designing needs. NOTE: Never use "Super Glue" or "Hot Glue" with Swarovski rhinestones. They destroy the silver mirror backing on the rhinestones.
The Swarovski hotfix products can be applied simply, quickly and securely using a hotfix applicator tool. This technology is ideal for application in the fields of textiles, interior decor and accessories. The crystals can also be applied with the use of a heat press machine or a household iron.
No matter how you wash your garment that is decorated with Swarovski rhinestones, you must remember the crystals are glass and may break or fall off if not handled gently. Stones loosening or falling off is not uncommon. Make sure when gluing you stones, that the glue comes up around the outside edge of the rhinestone to create a setting for the stone. Most stones will fall off because they were not applied correctly. With appropriate care, your garment should sparkle beautifully for years!
Machine: Turn inside out to protect the rhinestones from being damaged. You can also use a laundry bag for additional protection. Choose a gentle wash cycle and use a mild laundry detergent - warm or cold water.
Hand: Hand washing is the safest, and most gentle method of washing your decorated garment. Use a mild detergent.
We recommend line drying rather than an automatic dryer. The heat from the dryer can loosen hot fix rhinestones, and may break down the adhesives on the hotfix and flat backs that are glued. Bouncing around in a dryer can break the glass rhinestones.
Do not use chlorine bleach or tumble dry. If the garment needs to be ironed, please do so with care and inside out with a press cloth. The heat can loosen the stones by breaking down the adhesive.
The textile can be gently dry cleaned using hydrocarbon. Turn garment inside out. We recommend protecting the crystals as much as possible. Use of a soft laundry bag is also recommended.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance or additional information.
The management of the Rhinestone Store
- Deal of the Day
- SWAROVSKI CRYSTALS
- SWAROVSKI FLAT BACK RHINESTONES
- Swarovski 2088, 2058, 2028, 2006 and 2034 Round Flatbacks
- Swarovski Nevettes, Drops, Marquise and Raindrop Flat Backs
- Swarovski Squares, Rectangles and Triangle Flat Backs
- Swarovski 2738, 2739, 2740, Alpha, Beta & Gama Flat Backs
- Swarovski 2771, 2772, 2773, Geometric Flat Backs
- Swarovski 2204 Pure Leaf Flat Back
- Swarovski 2520 Cosmic Flat Back
- Swarovski 2585 Graphic Flat Back
- Swarovski 2611, Solaris Flat Back
- Swarovski 2612 Jelly Fish Flat Back Partly Frosted
- Swarovski 2709 Rhombus Flat Back
- Swarovski 2714 Fan Flat Back
- Swarovski 2797 Diamond Leaf Flat Back
- Swarovski 2798 Contour Flat Back
- Swarovski 2808 Heart Flat Back
- Swarovski 2813 Moon Flat Back
- Swarovski 2816 Rivoli Star Flat Back
- Swarovski 2826 Rivoli Snowflake Flat Back
- SWAROVSKI FLAT BACK, HOTFIX RHINSTONES
- Swarovski 2078, 2038, 2028, 2012 Round Flat Back, Hotfix Crystals
- Swarovski Drops, Nevettes, Marquise Flat Back, Hotfix Crystals
- Swarovski Squares, Rectangles, Triangle Flat Back, Hotfix Crystals
- Swarovski Hotfix Bundles of Colors
- Swarovski 2712, Margarita Flat Back, Hotfix Crystals
- Swarovski 2847, Pentagon Flat Back, Hotfix Crystals
- SWAROVSKI SEW-ON FLAT BACK RHINESTONES
- SWAROVSKI FLAT BACK RHINESTONES
- SUPPLIES AND TOOLS
- Gift Certificates
- Project Gallery
- HELPFUL INFORMATION